my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Friday, September 02, 2005

No rewards come from quitting

All of my life I took pride in the fact that I would never quit. I played even though I was the worse player. Sophmore year of high school I made it on the basketball team but rarely played, one game I only played for 30 secs. But I still went to practice everyday. Volleyball I didn't even make the team but instead I became the manager and again went to every practice. The same story with track I was last but I came to practice everyday. I took pride that I would never quit.

But what does this have to do with anything? Well because I didn't quit amazing things happen, rewards that wouldn't have happened if I did as the world was telling me, "Quit". Basketball I met my future history teacher that was an encouragement for me my senior year to go to CSU, Volleyball I met a coach and math teacher that I now look up to as a role model for my future career as a math teacher/coach, and track led me to a passion that rewarded me in a worldly way but more importantly it is now a passion that God is guiding me in.

What if I had quit my sophmore year where would I be today? At CSU probably not, a math major probably not, following God?

This blog was inspired by watching "Rudy" a movie that makes you want to dream more and to never quit.

I ask you to join with me in dreaming, dreaming big, beyond what we could imagine because God is beyond this world. Even when the world around us tells us to quit we pick up our crosses everyday with joy, joy for our King.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The farsighted see better things.