my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Monday, September 19, 2005

Give and Take Away! Thankful either way!

An excerpt from my journal this morning after listening to a speech about how one of my classmates lost her best friend in high school

Maybe just a moving story, but there is a reason that things inside you turn, something about this story touches a part of you. Not quite to tears but that turn of your stomach is there along with a small twitch of the heart. Move on without a small dose of reflection would be a mistake. Sitting here on a cold slab of concrete with the world passing me by all that runs through my mind. 'What would it feel like to lose your best friend?' How much do I appreciate those relationships that surround me. I've never had a best friend but I do have many that are always there to catch a tear, give a warm embrace when I feel so cold, share my joy with and worship together. Where would I be without fellowship? I think of the thoughts I had last night, thinking that my presense isn't worth much but it is, just like the presense of every soul around me is worth so much. To lose one would be a tragedy but do I show this, do I love those around me with all of my heart? Do they feel my embrace outside and inside? Will I recognize their worth once they are gone or will I see it now? Cherish every relationship, every moment for the blessing it is. Will these just be empty words on a page or are these things written on my heart? Our time here is fleeting and so are the relationships that overwhelm me now. Each one a blessing that I don't deserve and without I might lose all hope.

I just want all to know I love you so much and if I could give electronic hugs(that's werid!) I would!

No comments: