my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Friday, September 02, 2005

God or Money?

I'm lead to write another entry, not really sure why

But today I came to work and found a wallet hidden by the keyboard. THe owner came by shortly later and I returned it to her. But unfortunatelly $200 was missing, I could do nothing but see the disappointment in her eyes. Minutes later the one who hid it asked me if it was returned, I said yes and she thanked him with a smile.

I thought of the lesson Eddie gave to te kids on Wednesday night. He mentioned that we can't both serve money and God. He also addressed an event that occured earlier that evening when one of the kids stole another kid's quarter. Eddie told them that as we get older it becomes harder to chose God over money and soon your friend will be caring more than a quarter. This girl lost $200, probably stolen by who knows who.

Who do you serve? God or money

No comments: