my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Friday, September 16, 2005

Should we spend less time praying for what causes us to cry and instead spend more time praying for what causes God to cry?

This convecting question was suggested to me a couple nights ago and it has been on my mind and heart since.

I spend so much time praying for myself, for the things I want, praying for me to be fixed. But something that was said to me in Iowa comes to mind and that is that we have so many broken pieces that we can't focus on fixing all of them before we can help others, before we can do God's work because then we will never get to his work. We have to be fixing while we are serving and loving.

Join in with me in prayer for the lost today, the many lost souls that pass us everyday, that sit by us in class, that eat in the same dining center, that live in our dorms. Pray for the many christians that pass by these lost, pray that all the christians of this school be filled with the spirit and that we all live God focused lives.

No comments: