my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Rely on his strength

I love Wednesday nights. Some of us from my d-team go to the church to baby-sit while the parents meet. I don't like the hysteria and lack of authority we have. But I do love the faith these kids have and I do love the simple message Eddie gives. Last night it was about Romans 3:23 "For all have fallen short of the glory of God". To demonstrate he had one of the kids stand a chair and try to jump onto a chair that was all the way across the room. She made it about half way, because that is what it means to fall short. Then he demonstrated how Jesus helps us across to the side with God. The kids helplessly dangled from his shoulders, relying completely on him.

Some simple message for kids? No this is the truth and that is why it hits me deep. I’ve tried many times to jump the gap myself but instead just fall flat on my face. I’ve tried fighting Jesus to do it at least a little on my own. But he wants us to rely completely on him, so aware of our inadequacy that we give up trying our own way. ‘I surrender’

1 comment:

A. Kate Reynolds said...

That's such a neat way to make that concept "tangible"! We fall so short and yet He brings us from every depth.

How great is our God, Abra!