my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Repeat that!

I must confess, I complain when I don't learn something new during my quiet times. But something Mitch said today was that we don't have consistent quiet times so that we can hear something new but rather that we can hear what we have already heard over and over again. Repeating the truths to us that we have yet to fully understand. "The loudest voice wins" I want that voice to be God and not this world with it's repeated slogans. We come to God consistently so that his truth is what repeats in our head during the day, when we have to make a decision.

"The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God...For God, who said, 'Let light shine out of darkness,' made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ." - 2 Cor.4:4&6

No comments: