my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Oh I pray, Joy return to my soul

"Joy is unrelated to happiness. It comes from a source beyond time and circumstances and resides in the person and personality of Christ. It is most evident in our powerlessness. It appears when we don't expect it. Joy can endure through the worst adversity but can evaporate with the merest moment of self-reflection." CS Lewis

I find myself questioning that phrase I wrote on Joy's tank, "I will always have joy" Right now my soul seems to me in a dark cave, I once saw light but now I'm just wandering through the dark hoping that a light will flicker on or this cave will turn into just a tunnel but it's hard to see where I'm going without some source of light. I experienced joy at one point today but like fireflies it died away. Your words that once quaked my soul and caused me to scream from the mountain tops now have little affect on me. I read and read but it just causes me to hunger for joy and the fruits of the Spirit more and more. I guess that's a sort of quake but not the same quake that caused me to tell people of your love and caused me to spend hours praying for the lost. Instead all I desire is to be filled with your Spirit and feel your comforting arms around me. Can't I just come home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't emagine what you're fealing right now but stay strong. Keep praying every moment and God will answer. You know probebly better then I that God may wait until the bottom of the ninth but he will answer. I bet you're really loving high of 75 right now eh?