my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

John 12:24

This is for you Eddie, thanks for sparking the joyful discussion at dinner.

"I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life." - John 12:24

In order to produce fruit, in order to follow Christ we must die. We must die to ourselves.

“Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it." Mark 8:34-35(New King James)

Do you desire to follow Christ, do you desire to do God's Will? Then you my brother must die, you my sister must die.

"These all died in faith, not having received the things promised, but having seen them and greeted them from afar, and having acknowledged that they were strangers and exiles on the earth. For people who speak thus make it clear that they are seeking a homeland. If they had been thinking of that land from which they had gone out, they would have had opportunity to return. But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared for them a city." Hebrews 11:13-16(ESV)

We should keep our eyes fixed on our true home. If we do, the lives we have here look less desirable. Oh the joy of that thought!

I was told the other day to stay joyful, I struggled with this truth because at the time I was in much anguish, anguish over this world. I was sick of it and its lies. How could I found joy in this moment. The joy to be found was that Christ died for us and is calling us to die to ourselves. Peace is not in this world it is in the place to come. Praise God for his word, for his faithfulness and for the beautiful God that he is.

I leave you with this challenge and question. First memorize scripture, memorize the truths that God has given us because they will protect us from the lies that Satan tries to push into our minds. They will remind us of the joy that we have in Christ.

And the question is: How have you died today?(Let God answer what that means)

Praise God for the Saints he puts in my life.

No comments: