my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Friday, November 04, 2005

God is everything and everything else

A journal entry:
But God didn't promise an easy life. He did promise a life not without him. He is that hand to hold when dad tightens the braces, he is that friend to hug when your world is falling apart, he is that tissue that catches every tear, he is that bear to squeeze when scared, he is that blanket to warm when the world hits you cold, he is that fish that listens to every word without judgment, he is that story that made be want to become a princess in my peaceful dreams, he is that nightlight that makes me feel safe, he is that counselor that tells you what you need to do to make things right, he is that parent that gives you all you need and want, he is that letter from a teacher that inspires you to be all you want to be, he is that lover that just enjoys painting a sunset just to see you smile, he is that empty room that always reveals the true self, he is the perfect being that one looks up to. God is everything and everything else.

No comments: