my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Monday, November 14, 2005

His Love Endures Forever

So I went to the ER last night because of Chest pain, but no worries because it was just heart burn! While there my friend Katie brought me my bible. Delightfully I flipped to the psalms. Katie's Fav being 136. To sum it up "His Love Endures Forever" And it does. I sat there as my friends took turns visiting me all with the same worried face and the same question "are you all right" and all finishing with the same statement "I love you". The doctor began to joke with me that the waiting room was getting overcrowded with my fan club! He was a funny one, nickenamed the "clown". Reminded me of an Indian version of Patch Adams. If he didn't know what was wrong with you medically he could at least make you smile. He said something that stuck with me in the since of a conviction. "Be thankful" he said. give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. -1 Thes 5:18 It is a blessing that I have so many that love and care for me. Even to the point that they wouldn't believe I was alright unless they saw me in person. I am thankful, I am thankful that they love me. But at the same time I'm even more thankful for God's love for me. God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. - Psalm 46:1 (I randomily chose as I was lying in my hospital bed). During the whole event God was there as my refuge and strength, from beginning of the pain to when all the EMT's and firemen came into my room to the ambulance ride, through all the tests and even now hours after the ordeal. He still loves me, no more no less.

So now even after all of that I still have to take a test this evening, Crud! But thankful because God is with me!

Thanks for all the prayers! I may be stubborn but I do need you all at times so thankyou.

No comments: