my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Monday, November 07, 2005

Emotional wreck

It's amazing how quickly I can turn into a emotional basketcase. I went for a short walk last night to a wooded area near the dorms, that I would go to last year all the time. Last time I was there was at the beginnning of year. Well things have changed. Normally I go to this one stump and ponder things through with God but last night I arrived to discover that my much loved stump was gone! To you all this may be a silly thing to get worked up over, but for me it was an important part of my life, something that was not suppose to change, it was a security. When the world was spinning around me it would sometimes be the one thing standing still. Now it is gone! Oh boy did I get worked up. More faith in a stump! I cried to God about everything because I was convinced that I had no faith, convinced that God didn't care to answer my prayers. Back at the dorms I cried out to Liz, emotional as ever, not allowing the truth she was speaking to settle. I stormed off only to be confronted with Emily's Holy Spirit. There I had to confess that I was allowing Satan to tell me lies, confess that I was running from the body and not letting my brothers and sisters help me. Off into a quiet place by myself with God was her perscription. There I found peace.

So what is to be learned of this story. Well I learned that it is so tempting to run from the body, thinking that they don't carry. Really your just letting the devil have a foothold which is wrong (Eph. 4:27). When you are struggling let your brothers and sisters bear with you only then will you taste true peace.

No comments: