my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving Break Wrap-up!

Friday night: Monika, Brittany and I went to Denver. Brittany's parent's bible study lead by Paul, a man gifted with prophecy (I'm still pondering all he said) Said up talking with B's parents and then bed. (For my sign language class I was silent on Friday, made things even more interesting)

Saturday: Brittany took Monika and me to the airport. I slept the whole plane ride. Mom, dad and Craig greeted me at the airport. We later went for a walk, I cooked some VERY spicy stirfry and watched 'Coach Carter'(not a bad movie)

Sunday: Movie theatre for 'Chicken Little' (a must see, it was too funny, I love the pig!) Grocery shopping. My next door neighbors found out I was home so I played with them for a couple hours.

Monday: Went to my old high school to observe a math teacher, my old volleyball coach. Came back for lunch and help my dad rack the leaves. Back to school for 6th period and a forever long conversation afterward, I always forget that Mr. Healy is a talker.

Tuesday: Oatmeal for breakfast! Listened to music on computer and then chess board shopping with my parents. 1:30 I went to my old elementary school to walk Katie home from school and to see my old 6th grade teacher. I realized how much older I am. I saw my old 6th grade teacher Mr. Raino (the best teacher ever), my 4th grade teacher (she now has a 6 year old, when I had her she wasn't even married!), My 2nd grade teacher and my first grade teacher. They all remembered me and all shared a embarrassing story for Katie to laugh at me for. They all encouraged me for my desire to become a math teacher! For the next couple hours I played with Katie and her sister, that included climbing to the top of the tree in the front of my house. Back home for my mom's pre thanksgiving turkey dinner. Went to a string trio recital in Caldwell. Kent arrived around midnight but I was already in bed.

Wednesday: Breakfast with mom at a cute cafe downtown. Shopping for CD's and clothes, it was a fun time. I convinced my family to go ice skating well all except Kent. It was fun I skated for a straight hour and of course fell on my butt once. Craig gave me and Kent our Christmas presents early. He had messed up on his order of a MP3 player and so we each got one. Sweet because I've been thinking about getting one and so I spent the rest of the evening putting songs on it.

Thursday: Turkey day! Went to grandma's at noon. My aunt Bev and precious arrived a little later with the food. My cousin Lacey and her boyfriend also came. Watched football, ate (real potatoes!), watched more football, played UNO like always, ate pie (YES! My aunt's apple pie!) and called it a night. Watched 'How to Lose a Guy in 10 days'

Friday: Craig and mom went to the mall for fun! I was a sleep of course! Took Katie downtown for the Festival of Trees and then back home. We then took a drive to Bogus, 6000ft elevation mountain? I drove the windy roads and that was fun. Dad made macaroni and Cheese! Watched James Bond movie, Numb3rs and the end of 'Hook'

Saturday:I woke up long enough to see a beautiful sunrise and the freshly fallen snow before falling back asleep. Craig and I fought over sifted flour and then made cookies. We joked the whole time. 12 dozen was the total! The five of us went on a walk which include passing a football around and pushing mom on the swing until she almost vomited. Craig and I slaughtered mom and dad at the game Rook. Learned the lesson that cell phones aren't washable! Packed and watched the Notre Dame/ Stanford football game!

Sunday: woke up at 2 and was to excited to fall asleep. Got ready at 4:30. Got to the airport at 5:30, plane left at 7 and arrived in Denver at 9. Took the 10:20 shuttle back to the Fort.

No comments: