my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Friday, November 11, 2005

Minesweeper or Mindsweeper

I confess my addiction to the game of Minesweeper. Sitting hours in front of a computer in the labs often results in me participating in the mind draining game of minesweeper. Once a game that challenged my mind has now turned into one that turns my brain to mush not to mention there is nothing gained only a loss. If there was a way that I could delete it from the computer that would be a life saver. But that leads me to where God fits in this whole story. I'm referring to thoses struggles and situations when we wish we could just delete the thoughts, delete the mistakes, delete the situation that we don't want to face. But rather than deleting God gives us the courage and strength to overcome. To be self controlled. We are going to have to have those hard conversations, we are going to have to overcome those temptations. We aren't promised to be free from these things but instead give them up to God (prevent anxiety, Phil 4), seek his guidance, accept his Spirit of power and rejoice in the suffering because we are being obedient.

No comments: