my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Monday, November 28, 2005

Hope

What is most dear to you? Do you even know? When you lose it or just think you have, that is when the truth is revealed. My roommate told me that my fish died, my 'Hope'. My world crumbled in that moment. For many she is just a fish, mmm sushi they joke. To me she is more than a fish. Her name is Hope, because Hope keeps me going. Everyday keeps going because of the hope that we will all be in heaven, hope that Jesus just might return on this day and I won't have to wonder where I'm going for Christmas, hope that today will glorify him, hope that I'm here for a reason. What if all the hope in the world faded away, died? That is how I felt. That is what happens when you give your fish a name like 'Hope' the time will come when I'll have to face reality that my fish will die, yet another thing to leave me, but I'm promised this 'blessed hope'

"For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say 'No' to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope - the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ" - Titus 2:11-13

1 comment:

A. Kate Reynolds said...

Yay that Hope's still alive!

In more ways than one... :)

Praise God that He is who He is!