my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Monday, November 21, 2005

Jesus my Groom

I wrote this last fall, during one of my alone times with God and a guitar. It's about the love I've found in Jesus.

My heart was cold and empty
I was hungry and in search of love
In search of a man like the movies
to love me, care for me until
I am old and gray
I hope to find a man that would
give me all I wanted
who would make me happier and hold me tight
we would have beautiful children and live in
a perfect little home

But to my surprise
the man I would fall in love with
was more than I imagined
He has loved me from the beginning
despite all my faults, and imperfections

I never thought that
the one I ignored
the one I denied
the one I despised
would be the one I would love

Now I will dedicate myself to you
Give you all I have
because it was your grace that saved me
Now I live by a new plan

Jesus I long to be your bride
Whisk me away on your mighty stallion
ride me off into the sunset of my dreams
and we can live happily ever after
in your mighty kingdom, that I call home

No comments: