my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Let go of the edge

Have you ever been Ice Skating? I went on my second try today and I must say there is a valuable lesson to be learned. The only way to get better is to get away from the edge and brave the open ice.

How often does God calls us to do something and we just run to the safety edge where we know that we won't fall, where no body well come along and knock us down. I cry out for freedom but when he gives it to me I run cause I'm blind of the gifts and strengths he has given me. Yes we will fall as I did today but it really doesn't hurt that bad compared to the lost opportunity to see if you could do it.

No comments: