my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Prayer

"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful." Colossians 4:2

So I decided for some random reason to read colossians today. Oh boy did God bless that decision. One of the verses that really jumped out was 4:2

Ok devote yourself to prayer, I've heard that before, I'm not perfect at it but I try. But we are also called to be watchful. Watchful?!?! I took that to mean watch how God answers prayers. We are suppose to pray with the belief that we will be answered so why not watch. Why not watch to see how God answers the prayer. Open our hearts and minds to the way God works, to see that he answers the prayers but not in the way we expect.

and be thankful. Thankful for the answered prayer.

So pray, watch to see how God answered it and be thankful for when he does.

No comments: