my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Walk by Faith and Trust me!

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship - Romans 12:1

Sitting in Matrices class today I knew I had planned to meet with Lesley to share the gospel but I kept thinking of excuses to not go. There was a lot on my mind, my heart wasn't on the lost, I was getting a stomach ache and I just wanted to take a nap but I still made my way to meet her after class. She read me Romans 12. A living sacrifice. God, You want me to sacrifice my time for you. Okay fine, lets walk by faith. After praying and reading 2 Tim 1:7-9 I was ready to go.

At the beginning of the day I knew today wasn't going to be a normal Tuesday, God was going to do something big today.

Entering the plaza we just stood in the middle and closed our eyes hoping for a tug. Testing my faith. About a minute later I hear "Abra". It's Sam Mast. So the three of us chatted. He explained how he didn't understand what he was study, didn't understand how there can be such finite numbers for something we can barely see. We are taught to accept some truths by faith. That's the same with Christianity, walk by faith. We asked him where we should go and he told us the engineering building. I confess I didn't want to go because I was so set on the small area of the plaza and I believed for some reason nobody in the engineering building would be free to listen to us. "Trust me, walk by faith" God said in my ear and so we changed direction and found ourselves talking to a girl. Invited her to church, gave her a bible and prayed she would come to know Jesus as more than just a man.

After praying Lesley suggested the oval and that the next person we talked to we would ask them where to go next, like a scavenger hunt. Upon approaching the oval there appeared to only be surveyors but God shined a light on a figure way up a head. We got closer and discovered it was a young man with bible open and praying. But He came up from his prayer and we shared what we were up to. Joseph was his name. He told us his story of leaving school and going to the house of prayer and than found himself called to come to Colorado and here he was checking out the campus. He eagerly joined us for the next couple hours. 2 conversations later, much time in prayer and listening to what the Lord has been teaching him I had to leave for class. I wanted to share this story with you all because I learned a lot about faith today. And by walking in faith God blessed me with this encouraging brother that might even join us for small group on Thursday.

Looking back I almost chose to take a nap rather than watch God work in amazing ways.

Oh and have you read the Colligian today? There is an article that explains how there can only be one right religion. If you read the opinion section there is often a article that shares truth, really! Praise God that these articles are being printed.

No comments: