my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Lost in a sea of faces

Walking through the plaza on my way to class this song played on the radio. It clicked with the feeling that I was experiencing that moment in time. I have felt feelings of not fitting in before, all of my life actually. One reason to leave Idaho was to start over hoping that I would fit in some where. Well I still don't fit in but this time for a better reason, because I don't belong in this world. As I sit in class I realize how temporarily my time on earth is, it makes it hard to go to class cause I just want to live and explore what the Lord has made. I than walk through the plaza passing many that I don't know and don't know me. The strange feeling that everybody else knows something I don't or are being guided by something different than me. Like a leaf falling off a tree I wonder if they would even notice my frail body lying under their feet. But I'm not a leaf that gets torn up by this world, withered by time. I'm that leaf that caused me to bend down and grab a hold of. God chose me out of a million faces. Jesus died just so that I wouldn't be lost in the sea of faces, in the piles of leaves. Praise his Name!

"Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise - the fruit of lips that confess his name." - Hebrews 13:15
"Sea Of Faces" - Kutless

I see the city lights all around me
Everyone's obscure
Ten million people each with their problems
Why should anyone care

And in Your eyes I can see
I am not just a man, vastly lost in this world
Lost in a Sea of Faces
Your body's the bread, Your blood is the wine
Because you traded Your life for mine

Sometimes my life it feels so trivial
Immersed in the greatness of space
Yet somehow you still find the time for me
It's then You show me Your love

And In Your eyes I can see
And in Your arms I will be
I am not just a man, vastly lost in this world
Lost in a Sea of Faces
Your body's the bread, Your blood is the wine
Because you traded Your life for mine

If only my one heart
Was all you'd gain from all it cost
Well I know you would have still been a man
With a reason
To willingly offer your life

I am not just a man, vastly lost in this world
Lost in a Sea of Faces
Your body's the bread, Your blood is the wine
Because you traded Your life for mine

Just one in a million faces

***A gift for those who read to the bottom***
I also learned the sign for respect and the sign for honor and the sign for hero. All look up to the skies, to the heavens, to my God. Whom I desire to respect and honor and always look to as my hero. "A person noted for feats of courage or nobility of purpose, especially one who has risked or sacrificed his or her life" Is not Jesus the best example of a hero?

No comments: