my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Pains

Watching 2 sisters last night suffering with pains not completely known, my heart ached. Ached for them to get better and be relieved of their pain. I wanted to take their pain, I wanted to carry their burden because I didn't want them to suffer. I wanted to do what Galatians 6 tells us "Carry each other's burdens" But I'm confident that this isn't what God meant. I don't know what God means in Galatians that is something else to pray about. I do know that Christ died for all(1Peter3:18) and I know he endured for us(Hebrews12:3) and I know he suffered and I know that God gave up his one and only son for us(John 3:16). I'm not called to take my friends pains. I also know that I wouldn't be able to take them for am too weak myself. I already complain in my own heart about my pains, I already limp because of pains, I already ditch out on classes because of my own pains but do I even know pain. Christ knew, knows pain because he endured all pains. He endured what I should have, what I know I couldn't. I think of the Waiting song "beautiful blood" "to carry a debt that I never could". Oh praise him, that we don't have to endure such pains and that the pains that we do endure are for his name and that we will never be separated from him (Romans 8)

No comments: