my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Monday, October 03, 2005

Ladybug companion

Between my ED275 class and Sign Language I enjoy the hour I have to lay in the sun (cause the basement of the ED building gets cold!). Today I finished Joni by Joni Eareckson, a must read. Her story certainly touched my life.

But while sitting in the sun reading the psalms I was blessed with a little ladybug that came and sat on my bracelet. That little blessing is what I needed. Mondays, actually all days of the week, are long and it seems that as soon as I leave Newsom I enter into a world where I am alone. I know God is with me and I know there are believers all around but I remain silent and reserved.

The ladybug was a blessing and in some way it was God's way of encouraging me that moment to go to class, trusting God that every class I take is to glorify him. Today and everyday I live and work for the Lord.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. - Col 3:23

No comments: