my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Monday, October 17, 2005

Give it your all or not at all

When presented with the idea to raise money to provide help for the needy, I feel like I have one of two options. Either Give all or not at all. If I'm going to give $20 why not $100 or even more. Kashmir needs help, they need tents and blankets and supplies and love. I'm told this and than find myself contemlating what do I do. What does God want me to do. Give up what is not important in my life, or are those blessings that I should be thankful for. We are to be content at all times. But I'm not content. Not content to give a little while I live in a life of luxury but I also won't be content if I don't obey God. What does God want? Pray Pray Pray

No comments: