my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

God is Real

This week I've been learning that God is Real, what John Meyer has been saying at church is true. Through the many stories of faith God has shared with me, I'm believing more and more.

The reason I write tonight is because of the most recent experience. This evening I went to the Strength Team at Summitview. Normally we go Wednesday nights to babysit at the church but the Strength Team is at the church until Sunday. It is a group of VERY muscular men who do feats of strength but at the same time they share the gospel.

I was a little iffy of what they were to do but that is just part of the story, my lack of faith. Even sitting there I had many doubts. Doubts that this was an effect means of ministry, doubts that this is the right way, doubts that people will hear the gospel, doubts that these guys were really Christians, doubts that this is just another "American Christian" style of event, doubts that God would be mentioned but not the focus, I even began to doubt Summitview's beliefs because they were supporting this. I had such a small about of faith but God is real.

Later into the event my heart changed. The testimonies and what the guys said started to make me think. It was during one of the prayers that God really should me that he was there and that he was real. The lead guy, Mike, asked people during prayer to raise their hands if they wanted him to pray for them. If they were to accept Christ for the first time or just rededicate their lives to him. I was at the same time praying for at least a couple to raise their hands. God specifically put the 2 grandparents sitting behind us on my heart, I didn't know why. After the prayer Mike asked those to come forward if they accepted Christ or recommitted their lives to Christ. It was the alter call. My first time witnessing one and so God became as really as ever that next minute as I watched so many walk to the front. I would say 30 or so. Of course along with the mass were the 2 grandparents sitting behind me. What! Could it be! God is Real!

No comments: