my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Riding the Joy rollercoaster no more!

I'm giving up my ticket, actually I'm ripping it up, I wouldn't want anyone else to have it.

For the past 7 months I've been riding this "Joy Rollercoaster" Which pretty much is this up and down journey from extreme Joyful times to deep moments of sorrow and feeling far from God and back up again. Reading my journal entries is an example of this. One will start with "the Joy is back!" and the next one with a matter of days apart will say "Where are you God?"

But I'm giving up my ticket, I'm no longer going to ride that rollercoaster.

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. - 1 Thes. 5:16-18

If joyful always, praying always, thanking always and being connected with God always then my path won't be a rollercoaster.

I've been learning not to trust your feelings but trust God.
Be joyful even during the hard times, joyful doesn't mean haappy!
Thank God for EVERYTHING!!!
Prayer is more powerful than we all realize
IT IS ALL ABOUT HIM
IT IS ALL ABOUT HIM
IT IS ALL ABOUT HIM

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Hebrews 12:11

No comments: