my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

God's Time

How long does it take for God to fix things?

One can't answer that question because he fixs things in his own time. After months of drifting I got to the point of hating the bible, hating to worship, hating to pray and unfortunatelly hating some of his people. But God because he is the Almighty one fixed me in a matter of minutes! Yes, during one worship song he brought me to tears and sat me down in the pews at church, during the next worship song he grabbed a hold of my mind and hit me with a hammer multiple times. I was fixed! No Way but I tested. I read the bible, sang worship songs and prayed like I haven't done in a long time. I was smiling too, I was joyful again!

God's power works everyday, he changes everything in his own time. He revealed this to me when he woke me up a 5am to see the bright guiding light of the moon and an array of stars light up the pitch black sky. He woke me up again at 6am to witness a glorious morning, the cool breeze flooded our room, the beautiful song of the birds awoke my soul and the breathtaking scenery opened my sleepy eyes! God changed my view of the world within an hour. Praise Him, Praise his power. He does this to glorify himself not to please us, we were just choosen to play witness to his power, thank you God!

This is the day the LORD has made;

let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Psalm 118:24

This leads to my thoughts about my betta fish Joy. For weeks she wasn't moving much, just sitting at the bottom of her tank. But thanks to Hannah and Lannea and chemicals of course she no longer has ick, she is moving around alot more, the fuzzy thing is off her fin and her water is minty fresh( the chemicals! ). There hasn't been much hope from others but even when I struggled to have hope for myself I was able to have hope for her. God fixed me so why can't he fix her, he can it is just a matter of when and if he even chooses to. The song gratitude by Nicole Nordeman:

Or maybe not, not today
Peace might be another world away
And if that's the case...
We'll give thanks to You
With gratitude
For Lessons earned in how to trust in You
That we are blessed beyond what we could ever dream
In abundance or in need
And if You never grant us peace
But Jesus, would You please...

I love you all and pray for you everday, I pray God reveals something to you all.

No comments: