my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Saturday, April 30, 2005

I'm surrounded by Love, Thanks be to God

Thanks be to a loving roomate who wrote this poem for me

Abra once had a beta named Joy
She was a girl, not a boy
To her Abra would read,
And each day would feed,
Making her the spoiledist fish in town

Joy was a marvelous fish,
Who lived in a decorated dish.
She was blue,
Just like the dew,
And was the most beautiful fish around
(Don't tell Janelle)

Even though she had a scar on her fin,
To everyone who knew her, she was kin.
She had a Mediterranean Rock,
Because she didn't live by a dock,
But her life was the best it could get.

One time when you were out,
Itried to catch Joy like a trout,
But it didn't last,
'cuzz she was too fast,
And don't worry this is only a joke.

Round she went in the porcelain throne
And now to heaven surely she has flown.
In this sad day,
We all had to pray,
for our fellow friend and fish called joy.

Today the beta named Joy is gone,
But forever in our hearts she will live on
Joy is always here,
In everything it brings cheer,
And with God "I will always have Joy."

No comments: