my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Friday, April 15, 2005

All by God's Grace

We live by God's Grace. Every second here is by his grace. Everything we have possesion of is by his Grace, every talent/ability we have is by his grace, our character/personality is by his grace, our very existence is by his grace alone! Thank God for evey blessing and even every breath because we do not deserve it. We deserve the worst there is, we deserve hell right now!

Oh what a convection I had yesterday, the worst time for a convection is right before lunch because all I could do is stare at my food because I knew I wasn't deserving of even one garbonzo bean, not even a drop of water. Later in the day when I was driving to the store I almost got side swipped by a jeep. It was by his grace that I didn't.

Thanking him for everything would take our whole life, precisely!

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. - Colossians 3:15-17

Today I thank him for the prayer meeting, the lovely spring morning, the new buds of spring, free printing in the honors office, bagels, being with me during my test, 20 min nap before class, the grace of my WTA, donuts, 5 min nap, loving roomate, showers, a chance to share the gospel with my brothers, your love that can reach others, using us as vessels, your strength/power, getting out of class early just in time to grab some food, short meal outside with Michele, giving me the motivation to go to every class, the change of a inclass final to a take home final, my job and thank you for keeping me wake through this all! Thank you for what you have done in my heart and what you have in plan.

By His Grace alone I write this
With a thankful heart

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You really have grasped the meaning of grace with this blog! We think grace is just something connected with salvation, but it is much bigger. It's amazing looking back that He has given us grace even before salvation because when you look back on His blessings on you before salvation, you're like, "Wow, I really didn't deserve THOSE because I wasn't even His child..."

You have good thoughts in this whole page :)