my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Our Sovereign God

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails. - proverbs 19:21

Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?" - John 11:40

May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. - Psalm 20:4

This stroy begins many days ago, but seeing God's glory began Thursday when God began to make it clear that he calls me to give my plans to him, to give everything over in prayer and let him lead...so I started to remember to give him everything, every descison, every hour...Friday morning Laura mentioned a movie making contest (a desire of mine has been to make movies, short little things but I have no equipment) I gave the idea to him for I didn't want to say for sure that we would do it without God's clearing no matter how much I was dying to do it. Laura and I even already had an idea we thought of days before any mention of the contest (God's sovereignty I'm sure)...it became clear that God was giving the go but I kept praying that he would receive glory from it. My fear of making the movie about God kept me from bring up any connection but that is where God stepped up and showed me how great he is. Laura and I discussed ideas for the movie during the last quarter of the super bowl, Robin also was there. It was the two of them (non christians by the way) that suggested the scenes of sermons, worship, prayer and bible reading. That fit perfetly as the ending of the movie. It may not make sense but soon you will all get to see this creation. Praise goes to God who brought it to focus on him and also made everything click and ideas flow and come together. I saw his glory today in an unexpected way and am way excited for this creation, continue to pray that as I work with Laura that she would see more of God as he takes more focus in this movie. He is a sovereign God who is orchestrating every detail of our lives, Praise God all the days of your life for he alone is worthy of Praise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to seeing it, and I am honored to serve with such a warrior, and a creative one at that.