my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Cry for rest... better in David's Words

Do I trust in myself, in the strength of my own endurance?
Do I hope in the horse, and depend on the warrior’s might?
Or do I put my faith and hope in God alone
The one whom is victory and strength

Let Peace and Rest flood my soul
Hope and Faith guide my steps
And Love remind my soul of my worth
On my Rock and in His Arms I fall

In him alone I read and hear
There is no other like our God
I sing, pray and cry, Follow Him
But sin, temptation and the world

Why is it so hard to choose Good
Why do I let Satan in
When a loving gracious God
Is offering all of Him

Sovereign Light lead me Home
Lead me to the spring of life
The well of peace and river of rest
In you I wish to cling

“Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear Him, O those who hope for His lovingkindness, To deliver their soul from death And to keep them alive in famine. Our soul waits for the LORD; He is our help and our shield. For our heart rejoices in Him, Because we trust in His holy name. Let Your lovingkindness, O LORD, be upon us, According as we have hoped in You.” – Psalm 33:18-22

No comments: