my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

As the years progress this day has become one of my favorites. Not for the overdone pink and red, or loads of chocolate, or the flowers, or the little notes saying "Be Mine". It is a reminder to me of the Love of God. Is not this the holiday that is focused on love and who better than love Himself should be honored and praised. Today has been a day of struggles, trials, sickness, confusion and failures but it has been the best day because in everything that seemed to be going wrong God showed me the good. From a missed class he gave me amazing conversations, from a sickness he gave me the chance to trust in him, from feelings of dis pair and loneliness he showed me his never ending love and many hearts of stone softened today. God is sovereign over all and hears our every cry and plea. I got a Valentine that says "Follow your dreams on Valentine's Day!" By giving my dreams to God I am following in a different sort of way for today was a day like every other day should be like, a day of following God by the faith we have in his Goodness, Everyday fellow saint, everyday give all to him and when you do, the bad is seen as good. Now I must go to bed and prayfully I'll rise for another day of faith in Him, will you rise in the same way?

Praises go to my God today for everybody in my life that has shown me the love of Christ. Praise to God who loves me still more than I know and has planned my life out in the best way to bring him glory and shower me with all of him. Praise be to Christ who's death makes all things possible for it is Him that we all should strive to be like and he wasn't the one with the most flowers, the best candies nor the nicest, fanciest restaurant...instead he ate with sinners and washed his disciples' feet and showed us the best example of love by dying on the cross and let us not forget this sacrifice.

No comments: