my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Monday, February 12, 2007

Caught Dancing

I was caught dancing in the bathroom today. I was caught humming a hymn. I was caught staring into outer space, actually caught meditating on his goodness. I was caught expressing joy in a smile and a twinkle. I was caught running and skipping for my King. I was caught praying to my dear God. I was caught in love with my God and at peace with His Will for my life.

Now really I had a moment today that ends or just continues with this post, in the bathroom I stopped and looked upon myself, something I try to avoid as to not get caught up with an obsession on my self. But stopping and looking stopped my rushing mind and pounding heart as I rushed from one thing to another. Busyness of life seems to be my downfall this semester. A song came on my mp3 player, the song itself not important what was important to this moment is that it was just God and me, not a test or homework assignment or ticking seconds.

I most fear the days that I wake up and wonder where the day before went, or week before, month before, year and next thing I know I'm 80 years old wondering what happened to my life, did I bring glory to God or did I just talk about doing so when time freed it's self. But guess what this world is never going to set aside time for us to do God's work. We have to choose to give up and sacrifice something in order that God will get glory but with God in control he will return the sacrifice. I'm not saying you'll get an 'A' in all your classes, or be prompted at work, or get the best things but you will have a 'good' life full of true satisfaction. Looking back at my years I remember most distinctively my time before my lord, my time of fellowship, my struggles and victories, my steps of faith, my times of praise and worship, my times that I saw god's glory and sovereignty. I don't remember what I got on all of my assignments and tests, what I wrote about in my papers or what my mindless chattering with friends were about. I'm not saying to put aside school completely but if you are faced with a choice between school and God I would choose God, He is forever!

Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. Hebrews 10:19-23 NIV

Since we have confidence let us! Let us brothers and sisters! Let us!

No comments: