my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Monday, February 19, 2007

My Sisters

They're under attack, they're going through some deep waters that are ether Satin's attack or God's refining process. I would like to think it is the later where I envision God knocking them down and kicking them around in a loving way as only God can. It sounds like a bad image and rightly so it doesn't give God enough credit for how much he fights for us and his pure love for us. Tested in the fire they will come out more refined then before and that is the hope that I pray for.

One sister lacks sleep as she handles a trying emotional decision making process

One has roommate issues that have lead to stress and having to sleep on the floor

One finds herself broke and in need of a new place of residence, add pain and lack of fellowship

One has a lot of commuting that is keeping her from many of the people she loves and cherishes

One has been going from stress to stress and now struggles with an illness attacking one she loves

Many more out there I know are faced with struggles, decisions, confusion, emotional drain and whatever else could hit somebody.

But praise be to God who remains perfectly faithful, good and sovereign. He is watching each of these daughters of his with tender love and care and he guides them through the flame of sanctification. My hope is completely in God's plan that I know is perfect to a degree we only see more of as we live because we can not see God completely and live, Yet!

I'm not the only one with this hope, each of these sisters of mine holds it in their hearts and I have found myself loved and encouraged by them. They haven't chosen the easy way out and have not resigned to a pity party. They just want to see God's plan and just want to be a rest in Him.

I love God's love for us, I love the love that he gives us to give back to him, I love the love that he gives us to give back to others, I love God's love for us so deep and enduring... (If you don't believe this or have grown cold, read 1 John)

Pray for my sisters that they wouldn't lose faith, hope and love because without these they wouldn't be refined. Rest in him, only him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for your /our sisters in Christ :) Thankx for the post!

Unknown said...

A message from the hearts of the women at Mars Hill:

Exodus 14:14
The LORD himself is fighting for you. Just stay calm.

:)