my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Stand Strong Warrior

We must not lose courage my brothers and sisters there is a battle for souls surrounding us. It may be because I just watched the Lord of the Rings Two Towers and that is why the idea of battle is most prominent in my mind. Yet at the same time these last couple days God has been making it apparent to me that he wants us to stand strong in Him and trust. Faith is one of those words that I seem to know the least about but yet everyday is a chance to learn more. Trust Him and when He tests you which He most diffentially will that is when you learn about faith. When you have to choose to stand by your King and fight for what He desires and to hope in what He promises.

"because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." - James 1:3-4

Frodo: I can't do this, Sam.
Sam: I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.
Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?
Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for.

There is something worth fighting for and it is greater than what Frodo and Sam were fighting for. Our hope is in something bigger than a mere good in this world but our hope is in that which is Good, that which is Love, that which is Life and that which is Holy...WE are fighting for our God. That is reason alone to persevere.

"Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God." - Romans 4:20

This is referring to Abraham and because I can't do it justice you must read Romans 4. Let us hope for things that God has promised but seem so hard to have hope in. Let us respect (from NASB version of Romans 4:20) and stand by God's promises for He will never fail!

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." - 2 cor. 4:18

Let's not be presuaded to believe in the seen but lets believe and hold true to the unseen. I'm a walking rememberance of God's faithfulness. Seen as one who would never believe in God or be caught in a church. But here I stand as a testiomony of God's Power, he grabbed my heart and softened it for no work of man could have done what he did in my life. He did this for many others and will do it for many more to come and that is a story to come...

1 comment:

intuitiva said...

Dear sister, I love reading your posts...So many times do we need to be reminded to walk with God's heavenly perspective and I was laughing at your post below becuase it IS funny that we encourage ourselves when we read our journals. Never give up writing your journals to God. I love you sister and I am thankful to God that He continues to move in you as you continue to seek Him.