my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Looking in the mirror...

Many times I have stood from my "Righteous" Spot and looked down upon you. I have shaken my head and pretended to cry, pretended to have cared that you were trapped in your sin and without grace you would go to Hell. I looked upon drunkards and idolatrers and every other sinner of the sort. I looked at your evil heart that chose money over the infinte love of God, I looked at your selfishness and wished you lost everything in order to see that all blessings come from God, I laughed at your foolish atempts to work your way to heaven through service and devotion to religious activities, I rebuked you because of your foul language and your lies and your rudness, I threw up because of your hipocrisy and your false witnessing, I disconnected myself from you and your kind, I distanced myself from your unclean hands, I casted you into Hell and I never prayed for you to see the light because I thought there was no hope for such a wretch as you, I let you continue in your sin because to stop you I might have been associated with the corrupt soul that consumes you...from my "righteousness" I only saw the good in me little did I know that if I had only looked in the mirror I would have seen that I was just like you...a sinner

For all have fallen short of the glory of God and There is no one righteous, not even one. This is the truth that we all must face no matter how much we try to cover it with excemptions and dress it in softness...it is the reality of human nature.

But lets not leave it there because with the reality of sin and hell there is the reality of grace and heaven offered through only one, the blemish free son of God, the perfect example of humility and sacrifice...the precious Jesus Christ. Sent by God as a gift of grace as a demonstartion of His infinte love for us. Evidence of His faithful prusuit for our love that we lost during the Fall. He pursues us, now let us not reach the end of our life on earth and miss the opportunity to return to our God with love.

Eternity is for us all, the question is will it be with God or not?

No comments: