my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Half birthdays are one of my favorites!

This really should have been posted yesterday. 2 and 1/2 years ago yesterday I accepted Christ. Hard to believe the time that has past. I was reading my first journal this morning and I'm amazed at what God did with my life right away. The amount of prayer I had for those around me, the grasp of scripture that I had, the joy and thankfulness I had, the searching to know the deeper meaning of every verse I read, the understanding of God's goodness in struggle, the sacrificing of one's life, and the love I had for God. It is that childlike love and dependence that I desire to have once again. Return to my first love that has been my plea to God for the last couple days. Praying like I haven't in so long and oh it is satisfying and joy filling.

In the first two months of my walk I prayed for others everyday, I went to prayer meetings and found that to pray your words don't have to be perfect and you don't have to worry what others think, prayer is from the heart. I struggled with saying prayers out loud until I realised that it needs to be from the heart and once again I recently found myself in such a state. Here I am being encouraged by myself, what a funny thing.

It's beautiful to look back and thank the Lord for every struggle and question because I can see where it has taken me so far. I can see from the beginning I had a heart for discipleship (I prayed for my first disciple within 7 weeks of accepting Christ) and I had a heart for prayer (I had my first all night prayer by myself shortly after 2 months!) I'm amazed and didn't realize the transformations that were happening. I wrote many journal entries about giving it all up and and laying down everything for God (I took a major faith step when I changed majors from Chemical Engineering to Math Education, a step I knew wouldn't go well with my parents)

So dear friend who asked me why to keep a journal here is a reason why!

Be encouraged brothers and sisters by what God has done in your own life and what He is doing in those around you. For many times my journal has made mention of the things others did around me that was a light and encouragement to me, things I'm sure they didn't realize had an impact. Open your eyes to God and open your heart to his deep, deep, everlasting love towards us.

Resting on a deep love that not even words can describe.

No comments: