my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Pray for Randy

Thank you God for a story that one can clearly say was from you. Only through your power and bigness could it have happened. Last night I was tired and sore but part of me thought I should go distribute papers for the student voice, so I went. Prayer, assignments, go!

Our team got a map and a list, but wait one of the buildings wasn't on the map but it was on the list, odd! I was sent off to the animal sciences building and the the microbology (not on the map so I had no idea where to go) I thought maybe it was next to the animal sciences building but it wasn't. Now it is night so nobody is around and there are no maps. But by God's will there was this man in the distance and so I asked and sure enough he knew! Since it was on the way to his car he walked with me.

He told me that is baby daughter just went of to college and I told him that I have an idea how it feels because when I left it was hard on my dad as well, for I was the baby girl in the family as well. Instantly he was grateful. He told me alot, especially about his website, which I'll post on here at the bottom. It is a art site, graphic art. It's purpose is to encourage especially those who have lost a loved one. He started it 2 years ago without any knowledge of technical art, but he was burdened to put together this site. He was a man of passion to help those in pain.

To top it off he is a Christian and shared his gratitude for the cross. Seeing this as an hour that was planned by God I asked him for prayer request. Pray that Randy keeps up this sort of ministry for though he knows it has helped many it is hard to do it and he often gets discouraged. Pray for his son, Ben, that he would return to the Lord.

Thank you God for Randy and for the opportunity to be used by you to encourage a brother.

www.desertsnow.org

No comments: