my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Are you to be pitied or just disappointed?

"If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are to be pitied more than all men" - 1 Corinthians 15:19

I never claimed to be much of a writer but when thoughts in verses constantly repeat in my head or when I read something that just leaves me in that moment of speechless ness and awe because your little world was just turned upside down and the containts of your box was dumped on the floor, I just have to write.

Well if you think your box is not very well organized or your world seems a little too plain...give it to God...Oh there is no turning back after that at least I hope. I never heard of amusment park rides going backwards or people driving backwards on a freeway. Once you give your life to GOd be prepared to let go of the stearing wheel and the gas pedal.

Any who, that above verse and John Piper's words in "Desiring God" (A must read) about suffering and pretty mch everything else awoke me, or at least was the poke right before God dumps the bucket of ice water on my head, I can't really tell. But I do know that I'm having to rearrange my box and put everything back in, or not. I guess I'm getting around to throwing away all the trash that was cluttered in my heart and my head.

That leads me to giving up that fleshly part of me that just wants to fit into the world, some don't see me as one who has problems standing out well your wrong, we all do. We all want to fit in, have newest fashion, the newest techno thing, the newest car, the best job, the newest this and that, the best this, the best that...Conforming to the world ( what we shouldn't be doing according to Romans 12) is hard work...but that is what our flesh wants to do...really it is us trying to satisfy that desire God put in us, which we don't realize that he is the piece. We are like the kid trying to put the square block in the circle hole, it doesn't work to well, so then we try the triangle block, still don't work...we need the circle...we need God...Why that seems easy!

That leads me to what poked at my head last night what Travis said during worship night at the Rock, we sometimes wake up forgetting God until much later in the day. When he said that I just thought he was silly and proudly thought to myself I could never forget God...but wait!...we do...I do. So often I just forget about him and I forget about the time it was revealed to me that the circle block goes in the circle hole...that God satisfies us completely!

John 3:29 - Joy complete
1 Thess 5:23 - Sanctify completely
James 1:4 - be complete

What trully brought me to the point of writing my thoughts was this quote in the book I' currently reading (The Burden is Light by Eugenia Price)
"I am either stumbling onto Reality or I'm on my way to a padded cell. It has to be one or the other." She was on the verge of excepting God at this point, she recgnized that if she was going to become a Christian she would have to be a full out disciple not some luke warm only go to church on sundays dead christian. She recognized that God was not just another accessory in our closet, oh no he is the center, the foundation, the core, the rock, where our heart should be beating for, our bones ache for, our souls thirst for, our feet run to, and our voices sing to..."As long as I live I will live for you"..."It all for you, I'm letting go, I'm letting go"..."Jesus You are the reason I live"...The worships songs to ring in me today from last night and so does Paul's words "If only for this life we have hopein Christ, we are to be pitied more than all men."

Brothers and sisters what are you living for?
Are you living a life that is to be pitied more than all men if the resurrection wasn't true, if Christ wasn't real?
Do others see God in you? (without the cross around your neck, the ring on your finger, the christiany shirt, the bible verses adorning your room, the bible in your hand) Is your very life reflecting God's Glory?

No comments: