my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Are you awake?

I reread my blog entry about train whistles this night because right before I shut my eyes for bed I heard that faint but near sound of the train whistle. I instantly thought of my entry about train whistles and how it for me was a sound of fear of God because something in my life wasn't right. But this not the whistle had a different effect, still a sound of fear of God but this time I thought of being on the verge of seeing something glorious. Maybe I'm still on a spiritual high from the summer or maybe the Holy spirit within me is causing my soul to excite for what is to come. "Jesus said to her, 'Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?'" - John 11:40 we will see the glory of God...SEE THE GLORY OF GOD!

the train whistle was like God awaking me, my soul to the idea of his great plan, Oh to see this plan unfold, to be in this plan, to be used by God. It is like God unrolls the map to plan the attack and begins to shout out orders, you go here, you do this...Abra I want you to be here...be on your guard my warriors. "But be on your guard. For they will deliver you over to councils, and you will be beaten in synagogues, and you will stand before governors and kings for my sake, to bear witness before them." - Mark 13:9

Work hard, battling for him, give your all to him, and don't find yourself sleeping and missing it all, I don't want to miss it. "For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night." - 1 Thess 5:2 This very night he could come...Are you awake?

No comments: