my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The day Germany lost to Texas in soccer

Today started with a ring on my doorbell, an odd sort of thing when you are mid-dream. My eyes open on the way to the door to find one of the cutest girls in my world. The next door neighbor Carissa, 7 years blonde blue eye aka 'Munchkin', greets me with much excitement to weed the garden. Quickly getting dressed and grabbing breakfast I pray a quick prayer for the day. I don't know how the next 5 hours glorified God but I know they did. We weeded, drank water, swung on a swing where I won the game, ate popsicles, rode bikes to the depot to look at orange fish and climb rocks, we rode back, played soccer where I(Germany in honor of Chris and Dave and their soccer tournaments) lost to a 7 year old Carissa and a 8 year old boy (They were Texas because I guess that is another country!), ate another popsicle, played baseball, played massive neighborhood hide and seek, played chase the new neighbor dog around a tree and the day ended with me staring at the tv for that instant satisfication that I once got before but now brought me not even an ounce of enjoyment. THat wasn't my whole day but it was the main chunck of it because when I come home, I come home to serve and love my family but also to spend time with and love on my 2 little neighbor girls. THey are apart of my life, a blessing from God.

No comments: