my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Sunday, August 06, 2006

More Churches on Overland, not Franklin

Have you ever found yourself on the course of Romans 7, stuck in that rut of wanting to follow God but your flesh powerfully is preventing you? Your mind is constantly wandering and your heart is tangled in sin, you just want to shout out "Victory!". This road is not a good one to be travelling down. Unless you let go and give God the wheel and get back on track you will only find yourself traveling farther and farther away from him and his real victory. Read on to Romans 8 and God's unseen brillant "Good" plan for your life. I don't know if I spoke clearly but I didn't hold this truth back, this revelation that may not be as important to you as it was to me. We all struggle with sin and trusting God with our lives.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. - John 14:6 (Carved into a wooden plague at my grandma's house, who knows how many times I saw it and read it but until God touched my heart it remained just another grandmaish decoration. It still remains another grandmish decoration but at the right moment in time it reminded me the truth of the cross. Check with God that you are still on the "good" road)

1 comment:

Edwin Smith said...

Romans 7 can also be comforting sometimes, for me anyway, because it says that "in my inmost being I delight in God's law." Even there, with the flesh, it reminds me that my identity is turned towards Jesus.

By the way, what does the post heading mean?