my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Monday, June 27, 2005

Words do hurt

When you were growing up did you ever hear the phrase

"Sticks and Stones may break bones but names will never hurt"

I always believed this to be a lie. When I grew up I was teased like any other kid and often times the name calling did hurt but there were not sympathetic adults only the ones who would share this little ditty. It would just make me feel worse because now I'm being called weak, crying over nothing. Something you just can't ignore.

Today at the day care these 2 girls started calling each other names. Whenever I would try to stop it one would just say well she started it. When in fact if possible they both started it. They played "Last insult wins" at least in my eyes. Each insult got worse and worse. I'm glad I'm not their age because I don't think I could have taken it.

It just hurts to listen to, I pray these girls just love each other

No comments: