my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Here is to mornings with God

Since I last wrote on this here blog I have under gone some serious discipline mainly regarding my time. I now wake up at an hour that if written others might freak because that is when they go to bed. But this is clearly something God wants because it is far to easy to wake up and it's not like I go to bed that early. I go on a run every morning and then chill on the couch reading his word.

But what makes this time oh so precious to me is that I'm with God. and for me that is awesome because before this week I very very rarely found myself reading his word and running to him first when I struggled. Not a good idea. One will just feel lost even though you aren't. One feels alone when in fact you are surrounded by God's arms. One feels weak when in fact a powerful sword is stored in the bag on your back. One feels like their life is not going any where and God is not using them when in fact God has been planing an amazing life for you and has already used you in ways that if you knew shock and awe would drench your face with tears, your heart would give up totally to God and your mind would be cleared of every inpure thought. We would be made perfect because we would be in the presense of God and all his glory!. But that day has not come yet. But it will come, we are promised this.

This morning time is a chunk of time just for God, no one else is up. no friend of mine would be a wake whenever I do and always be ready to listen, encourage and comfort. We all want to be a friend like that who is always there to help but only God can. Starting the day with a big dose of God has made his presense more strong during the day too. He is like my secret shadow friend. When it is just the 2 of us it is a lot easier to his shadow but as the day moves along and other people and things flood my mind and my vision, his shadow fads among all the other shadows but if trained one can see that God can never be dimed.

No comments: