my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Thursday, June 02, 2005

My Story of three Saints

Not really much of a story but for me when God doesn't a specific thing multiple times, three being the magic number. I recognize it as him speaking to me. Well tonight, God did just that all within an hour. He did alot more in that hour also.

We all went to a prayer meeting tonight. We watched this cute little movie You are Special. After watching in small groups we prayed. God placed it on my heart to say something but before I could Eddie prayed. While focusing on what he was saying rather than focusing on what I will say when he was done. Eddie exactly what I was going to say. "God I understand your love for us/me in my mind but God I pray that I can know your love in my heart"

Later Pastor Pat and folks from CSU prayed on top of this parking garage that over looks the city. Loren started to pray and I was sort of in my own selfish world but God lead me to listen what he had to say. And sure enough it was yet another pray that was on my heart that second. "God how can you use such a worthless person, I have nothing to offer, yet you are calling me, I pray you break done any barriers of doubt that I have"

Three times hits the spot. Bryan was praying and I was off in my own world. God placed on my heart the song "not to us but to your name be the glory" I was contemplating what to say with that. but God spoke through Bryan using that song.

This is amazing to me! The way God works through those around us and also how we are all one with the Spirit.

While I was contemplating these three prayers I put them together. God's Love for us, our in abilities, glory be to God. They all work together. God loves us and will work through are weaknesses and in turn it will glorify God and not us because God is the one that performed the amazing endeavor.

Praise God

No comments: