my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Sunday, June 12, 2005

What are you committed to?

While working at the Lodge today, it was a chance to listen to a teaching. Actually one of my favorite things. An hour goes by quicker that way.

"Learning to be a Follower" - Rick Whitney Faithwalkers 2004, I borrowed it from Nathan

Somethings that stuck

"it's not about the plays, its about the execution" He was telling a story about the coach at Notre Dame who gave his plays over to the other team but still won the game.

I instantly thought of my own desires to be a leader. I wanted to make plays but didn't even consider the execution part. I have to be able to execute, help out my current leaders before I can become a leader myself. It's not about making plays its also about making them happen. Encouraging the team, make them want to play.

So who are you committed to? God I hope above all else. But what about your commitment to your leaders and even your brothers and sisters. I thought this message was going to talk about following what your leaders tell you, but he touched on something I never thought about.

Commitment to each other. Have I declared my commitment to my brothers and sisters. Am I willing to change my plans to help another to get the job done? I confess no. When asked to do something I wouldn't because I would rather do something else.

God I pray for a change of heart, both mine and my fellow siblings. I pray that we can confess our commitments to each other and stand by them.

No comments: