my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Patience!!!

Unfortunately today started off with me being a little impatient. I didn't want to be late to work, and so I got a little impatient(quietly at least!). In the car on the way to work I prayed for patience in the day. It's a fruit of the spirit so I'm promised it.

At work, a daycare, patience at times is a must. I didn't realize the patience God gave me today until I found myself breaking up a small fight and crouched down between 2 boys and calmly asking them what happened. That patience was from God because the whole afternoon was one upset kid after another. It seemed like every kid had something that was pushing my nerves. 4 girls fight about the silliest of things, Emily getting mad at me for not letting her play on the computer, DaRon running around the room and these 2 boys. When kids don't like each other, instead of avoiding each other like I do, they continue to annoy the other. Without God's patience I would have exploded.

When you find yourself lacking in one of the fruits of the Spirit, pray about because we are promised these things.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness" ~ Galatians 5:22

No comments: