my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Monday, November 06, 2006

Shake me

Have you ever shook a tree branch and watched all the leaves fall off. That is what I want God to do to me. Shake off all the dead leaves that we still hold so tightly too. Shake them off so that new leaves can come in, so that he can truly live through us. It's those last leaves that seem to take forever to be shed. When God first starts shaking us when we are first born into him, all that falls is obvious and it seems like all of us is dying and that based on what lies on the ground we assume that we are bear, but we aren't just look. I'm at a point in my life when I know that I need to be more bear, what I have given to him in the past is no longer enough because he wants it all. I cling to my idols, my pride, my ungodly satisfactions, my worldly ideals and all that trash that I still think is a treasure...God just wants us to let go and trust his promise that "Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." - Matthew 10:39

Let go that you may cling to an eternal treasure, God himself!

No comments: