my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Friday, November 03, 2006

cry of a saint

God will really take everything away. All that matters is that which is eternal.

For the last couple days I've been amazed and in a sense struggling with my life in this world and my all important life with God. I'm having a hard time studying in class knowing that there are lost souls all around. It is hard for me to plan my day as I walk by an ambulance knowing that somebody is hurting and probably needs you. I can't read my book for my class as I watch somebody screaming in pain. I can't think about all the homework I have to do when I know that my dad as much as he loves me won't be with me forever if he doesn't accept Jesus. This world is lost, falling and doomed for destruction. How can I live a worldly life when I know this? Why is it that I still rather seek the satisfaction of a movie, a game of hearts, food, sleep, clothes and everything else that has become an idol in my life? How can I cry out to be more in love with Jesus when my thoughts wander away from him every minute, my pride still has a throne in my heart, when what makes me comfortable is all that matters, when I still cling to so much of me?

In steps God. Grace, love, mercy, patience, comfort, compassion, gentleness, forgiveness and more and more and more and more. Love and Jesus Christ. Life and victory, rest and faithfulness, understanding. As he reveals how far I am from being like him; he reveals how big and loving he is. For I can not sin more than God can forgive and wash. Oh Grace! Oh God bind my heart to thee. be glorified in me. use me. bring this world to their knees. slow my heart and transform it. break me and restore me. May I suffer and struggle so that you might b glorified. may i hear you when you call. take that which im not giving.

No comments: