my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Monday, November 20, 2006

me and beauty

Have you ever walked and thought and sat and thought, walked up and down sidewalks, sat in coffe shops, drove in the mountains, thought and thought and wonder and dreamed. Read and shopped and listened and watched and searched but yet you come up with nothing? Find yourself gazing off into that which only leaves you wanting more because more might give you answers but it never does. Finishing an orange juice and wondering why you are still thirsty, finish a sandwich and find yourself hungry, go for a walk and find yourself wanting to walk longer, finishing a movie and find yourself still bored, buy cards and a skirit and find yourself wanting morning. We get caught into these lures looking for satisfaction, looking for pleasure and comfort and looking for something to fill the inner longings of our hearts. Then out of nowhere pure beauty displays it's self. So beautiful that with our eyes turned the complete opposite way we find ourselves turning and being satisfied. We drop our drink and stop the movie and throw aside our idols, we grab a coat and shoes and run to it. running, not stopping because we think by running we will get closer, but it is only then that we realize it is all around and it isn't us running after it is God just showing himself. It is not because of the righteous things we had done but because of his mercy...grace...love...Holy God...Father...Son...Holy Spirit. I realized this morning and this evening, in fact all of my life here and there it is only God...the answer to every question is God! A sunset painted by him fills our longing to see beauty, it is his word that fills our hunger and thirst, it is love that fills our loneliness, it is all of Him that leaves us wanting more of Him. I love God but more importantly is that he loves me, can you fathom that? I can't! God is so beautiful so why do we look away? God is so wonderful so why do we go elsewhere? God is so loving so why do we run into other arms? God is so faithful so why do we lack faith and trust?

No comments: