my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Humble Pie

When I read this on Katie's comment to me. I just started laughing just ask Janet. I don't know why its so funny!

But really, Have you ever started a eating challenge thinking that will be easy. But as you go along it gets harder and harder. This summer Chris and I tried the Capri-sun challenge (15 in 15 mins) easy right, that's what we thought. We were way to cocky! After 5 you started to feel it. We didn't even finish the 15. Giving up at 9 each, our stomachs couldn't take any more.

But anyway, what does that have to do with humility? Well when I first started to follow Christ, that is when I accepted Christ I was told that the Christian life wasn't easy but I didn't believe it. As I started the Christian life, God's challenges were relatively easy, and I took pride in the fact that I was growing so much with out much sweat. But as you dive deeper into God, has you eat more of the pie the harder it gets. Humility comes when you recognize that you can't do this on your own.

1 comment:

Chelsea Norris said...

Yay for the LC...I can't wait to see you and everyone else. Let's make sure this year rocks the socks off of last year!