my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Friday, January 05, 2007

The beginning of 2007

We are to proclaim the glories of God and so here is one. I'm late telling the story but let that not take away from God's Glory. This is my last day in Arizona, I came here for a week after Faithwalkers to see my cousin, Aunt, Uncle and grandma. The plan was to fly out of Denver on the first to meet my mom and brother in Phoenix. My flight was scheduled to leave from DIA at 2:35pm on the 1st and here is my entry from that day...

Hard to believe that it is a new year, a year of praises to my God. I start this off with the first amazing story of God's provision. Well since we got stuck in Kansas (that is another story to be told next) I was quite some distance from the airport and my flight was scheduled to leave at 2:35pm. My caravan and the others we ran into all prayed and we set out early to get me to my destination. For along time I was unsure that I was going to make it on time. The roads were ice in spots and so we had to slow down and the first gas station we stopped at was completely frozen in ice! I was at peace for being on standby but everyone was committed to getting me there on time. Fast and choosing to grab and eat on the way instead of stopping and eating. Chris mad dashed me to the airport and I arrived around 1:50 probably enough time if the lines weren't so long! I realized I would have to go standby and so I stood in the much shorter additional service line. To my surprise I discovered that my flight was delayed by almost an hour and I barely made the cut of time to check in. Praises to God flowed out of my mouth. Even the ticket lady mentioned that somebody was watching out for me. I don't know why things happen to us but I do know that there is a big God out there who is sovereign over all. Trust in him and his will for your life. If you are ever delayed or things seem to be going against you all he does is good. I was blessed by this delay while from a different point of view it is easy for us to grumble but don't because God is Good! I wish I could bestow this peace and joy on those who might see it as an inconvenience but until we die to ourselves and our plans and choose to trust God's plan we will not expression the Spirit of God. May I not forget this time when I'm on the other side.

No comments: